Whether you need a safe place for your children to play, a quiet location to enjoy your morning cup of Joe or an area you can escape to after a long day at work, a deck may be just what you need. Decks have a lot of potential and are extremely versatile. If you’re thinking about the new construction of a deck, some things we’ll need to discuss during the design process (this is not an all-inclusive list):
- Location – This is one of the first things we will need to determine. The location of where you want your deck will play a significant role in the following items, such as the layout, number of stories, etc. You can opt for a free-standing deck, an attached deck, a lifted deck, or something else entirely.
- Layout – When it comes to the layout, we need to figure out what you’ll mainly be using the deck space for. If you plan on hosting gatherings, you need to ensure there is plenty of space for chairs and tables for your friends and family members to sit comfortably.
- Stories – Believe it or not, decks don’t have to be just one story. You can use multiple levels, which can help create visual interest and increase the amount of space that you have. You also open yourself up to a lot more creative options in terms of the design.
- Stairs – Not everyone will want stairs, as some decks are designed like a patio and an extension of the house. However, if you want to be able to get to the ground level from your deck, then at least one set of stairs will be necessary. Once you decide whether you want the stairs, we can work on ensuring that the stairs are properly placed and safe for both adults and children.
- Covered or Uncovered – Depending on what you’re using your deck for, you may want it covered or uncovered. If necessary, we can build you a deck that is partially covered so that you get the best of both worlds.
- Material – There are numerous materials that can be used to build a deck, including various types of wood (cedar, tropical hardwood and pressure-treated wood), vinyl, composite and recycled lumber.
Whether you need repairs, renovations or custom builds, we can take care of it and you! Give us a call today at Precision Enterprise to get more information regarding our deck-building skills.